Smartfade 2496 acting like a 1248

A customer brought in their 2496 claiming it wasn't working properly. They can't use faders 1-12 or 25-36. 13-24 is dmx 1-12 and faders 37-48 are dmx 13-24. The second page does the same thing as well as mems.

Anyone have a clue what's going on, other then the 2496 believes its a 1248?

Parents
  • This might be the set-up of the patch of channel to dimmer.  You could try clearing the patch and then set the patch 1 to 1 (channel 1 to dimmer 1). Here is an extract from the user manual page 19 on how to do this.

Clear Patch

The patch is cleared from the Patch Menu.
         Menu>Patch>Patch - special>[Clear Patch]
         Press (MENU) to confirm.

Set Patch 1 to 1

The patch is set 1 to 1 from the Patch Menu.
        Menu>Patch>Patch - special>[Set Patch 1 to 1]
        Press (MENU) to confirm.

• I should also add that before this I set the patch 1-1 and cleared the settings. That didn't work so a upgraded the firmware to 3.0. Still no change. 

a further note on what its doing. when I hit 1-48 it shows 1 and 13 below it when i hit it again it doesn't change same thing with mems. When I hit 49-96 it displays 25 and 37 not 49 - 61 like it should. This definitely is a console issue just cant figure out if it can be effected through software or if it is a hardware problem.  

• I should also add that before this I set the patch 1-1 and cleared the settings. That didn't work so a upgraded the firmware to 3.0. Still no change. 

a further note on what its doing. when I hit 1-48 it shows 1 and 13 below it when i hit it again it doesn't change same thing with mems. When I hit 49-96 it displays 25 and 37 not 49 - 61 like it should. This definitely is a console issue just cant figure out if it can be effected through software or if it is a hardware problem.  

Children
Related