SmartFade bug!!

the problem is the following

Ex:

- I have a show with 20 cue´s, and insert a point of the cue between cue 17 and 18, so far so good, 17.5 cue was well set.

- edit the cue 17.5, that's fine too.

- but when I change the times of 17.5 the cue it deletes that I edited and be equal to 17 cue.

what is wrong????

greetings

Parents
  • I had the same issue many times.

Sometime I need to modify a cue 5 times to be recorded.

I haven't test yet with the last release. I Hope it will be fine because it was really boring !

• The latest version has the same problem!!!!!

• Hi,

This is a problem that isn't previously known to us.

Can you tell us the exact steps that you do when this happens? Then we can hopefully reproduce it here and fix it.

Anders

• Hello,

as no-one has mentioned the software version by number can you please confirm that the bug is present in version 3.0.1, which is the latest version

Thank you.

• Hi Adam,

I have test with the last beta. Not with the last release.

The problem is when you modify a cue of the stack, then press some "go", come back to the edited step and then you change the times the cue comes back to the levels it was before (I'm not really sure of the exact sequence). I have try to save the show immediately after modifying each cues, wait for the problem, the reload the show, the issue was the same. It was like the step was recorded in a kind of flash memory and deleted easily...

It's really difficult to reproduce, but it's something with direct cue, editing, and modifying times.

I Will use the desk next week with the latest software... I will tell you.

• It's quite easy to reproduce in smartsoft (1248 latest official release) :

On the desk, create a 3 steps stack wiht direct cues and default times. 1st : 1@50% - 2nd 2@50% - 3rd 3@50%
    Save it, close everything. Re-open then realod the show.

Then continue with "go" button until you arrives again at step 2. "Edit mem" -> "Stack". Add channel 3@100% in current step (the 2nd).

Press "go". You're on step 3. You realize your time (of step 2) was too fast, then you change it in smartsoft with the keyboard.

Press "go" until you comes back again at step 2... and your modifications are gone. There is only ch 2@50%.

If you can find a workaround before monday ;o)

Thanks

[edited by: arnof at 11:05 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Nov 27 2011]
  • It's quite easy to reproduce in smartsoft (1248 latest official release) :

On the desk, create a 3 steps stack wiht direct cues and default times. 1st : 1@50% - 2nd 2@50% - 3rd 3@50%
    Save it, close everything. Re-open then realod the show.

Then continue with "go" button until you arrives again at step 2. "Edit mem" -> "Stack". Add channel 3@100% in current step (the 2nd).

Press "go". You're on step 3. You realize your time (of step 2) was too fast, then you change it in smartsoft with the keyboard.

Press "go" until you comes back again at step 2... and your modifications are gone. There is only ch 2@50%.

If you can find a workaround before monday ;o)

Thanks

[edited by: arnof at 11:05 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Nov 27 2011]
Children
Related