Robe 300 LEDWash

Hi,

We recently bought some Robe 300 LEDWash moving fixtures for our school, however there is no fixture library personality available for this fixture, and we have had no luck trying to write the personality library file for our Smartfade ML using the instructions in the manual.

We are trying to use Mode 4 which is 10 channels.

Does anyone have any ideas or have already built a fixture library file they could send? Any help would be much appreciated as we are about to run a new school musical.

Many thanks,

David H

Parents
  • Where did you get stuck trying to make your own personality?

In Mode 4 the attributes you want are (in order):
    1: Pan, 2: Pan Fine, 3: Tilt, 4: Tilt Fine, 5: User 6*, 6: User 5*, 7: Colour Wheel 1, 8: Zoom, 9: Strobe/Shutter, 10: Intensity.

*User 5 is normally Control functions. You can pick any User fader you like for these attributes.

Attached is a quick show file containing a User Personality for the Robe Robin 300 LEDWash in Mode 4.
    - I am a little surprised at your choice of mode, why not use Mode 3 (15 DMX channels) which has colour mixing?

[edited by: Richard at 4:46 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 2 2012]
    Robe300LEDWashM4.asc
  • Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for sending this file so promptly. We tried it and it worked, but as you rightly suggested it does not have colour mixing enabled.

I thought the colour wheel would link into the desks inbuilt colour mixing facility, and I was wrong.

Is there a chance you have a Mode 3 .asc file available (15 channel mode) as you mention above?

The problem I was having is the fixture would simply not fade up - we spent 7 hours today trying it before I had notification of your email!

With thanks,

David

• Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for sending this file so promptly. We tried it and it worked, but as you rightly suggested it does not have colour mixing enabled.

I thought the colour wheel would link into the desks inbuilt colour mixing facility, and I was wrong.

Is there a chance you have a Mode 3 .asc file available (15 channel mode) as you mention above?

The problem I was having is the fixture would simply not fade up - we spent 7 hours today trying it before I had notification of your email!

With thanks,

David

Children
Related