ETC Sensor+ CEM+

Did any one know the hard reset for ERASING THE CONFIGURATION in Sensor+ CEM+ module? I already know the hard reset for old SENSOR CEM module. "holding down [Dimmer]. Continue to hold [Dimmer] until the following message appears on the CEM’s LCD (between 3-4 seconds.)"
  • From the Wiki:

http://community.etcconnect.com/wikis/products/knowledgebase-generating-defaults-on-the-cem-full-featured.aspx

There should be similar pages for the other processors.

• thank you, but we already know this procedure. Before, a technician knows how to reset the CEM+ module by pressing & holding certain button. But the we cannot contact this technician anymore.

Like in the old CEM, you can reset it by holding "DIMMER" button and pressing the "RESET" button for 4-5 seconds.

• You'll need to log into the processor (in CEM+ they added user levels).  Then you can reset said processor.  Where are you out of?  I'd recommend either contacting ETC phone support 800.688.4116 they will be happy to assist you, or another local dealer.

I'm located in Michigan, but if I can be of assistance please don't hesitate to send me a message on here, and i'd be more than happy to assist you in anyway I can.

• i am already logged in as a power user.

but that is not the thing. we already know how to reset the CEM+ by logging in, navigate to rack and delete all rack.

What i am trying to know is how to RESET and erase the configuration by pressing and holding a certain buttons without going inside the menu.

Thanks for the assistance.

I am from the Philippines

• CEM+ and CEM3 use power user and web logins to control those functions.  As far as I know there is no series of keystrokes that will do what we can do to CEM classics in these processors.

• from the wiki

http://community.etcconnect.com/wikis/products/knowledgebase-generating-defaults-on-the-cem-basic-portable.aspx

1. Scroll to [Login]
    2. Enter the password 3,3,3,3 (scroll up to 3 and hit checkmark, etc.)
    3. Scroll to [Rack] and hit the checkmark
    4. Scroll to [Delete All Racks] and hit the checkmark
    5. It will say "Save Changes?" Change it to [Yes] and hit the checkmark
    6. After reboot it should display [Generate Defaults], hit the checkmark
    7. It will say [Full Feature], use the [+] to change to [Basic/Portable], then hit the checkmark
    8. It will ask for input power. It will be set to 120V in the US. Hit the checkmark.
    9. It will prompt to "Set Phase Balance". Choose [Straight-3Phase] for three phase power or [Straight-1Phase] for single phase power.
    10. It will ask you for the Rack Type. Scroll to the correct type and hit the checkmark
      Note: The number of the rack refers to the number of module slots in the rack NOT circuits. e.g. If you have a portable rack that can hold 24 D20 modules in it for a total of 48 circuits, you have an SP24 rack.
    11. It will prompt to "Set Module Type". Select the correct value and hit the checkmark. You can only select one type at this point.
    12. It will ask "Set Dimmer Double". This defaults to [Off]. If you are using Dimmer Doubling, change this to [On]. Then press checkmark.
    13. It will prompt to "Set DMX Start". Scroll to the correct value and hit the checkmark.
    14. It will ask "Save Changes?" Select [Yes] and hit the checkmark.

It will reboot and sit at "Updating Settings" for a while and then take you to the home screen.

• We already know this basic procedure. We are using this already to configure or new CEM+

There is a keystroke for RESETTING. we have done it before by our supplier here in the Philippines. But unfortunately, the Technician who done it is no longer connected to our supplier.

Hope we can figure it out.

• I remember the technician said to us, by doing the Keystroke reset to generate defaults, it erases and format all of its memory. because we had encountered a problem in saving the config. while in the "save changes" and selecting "YES", i hangs and do nothing even if you waited for a minute or more. when we press reset in the front panel, it goes back to the GENERATE DEFAULTS menu.

• I would advise you ring ETC technical services. We will be happy to talk you though your issue.

Americas:1.800.688.4116

Europe: +44 (0)20 8896 1000

Asia: (+852) 2799 1220