instructors for off-line software

. I was wondering if there isn't any instructions for the ion off-line  software . ould l to know how to better utile the software  we are new to using the system.

just purchased the ion one  year ago. Strongsville high school

Parents Reply
  • I use Nomad + Gadget all the time. Using Nomad is NOT exactly like using a real Ion/Gio/Eos. There are many small differences. The software is the same... but getting there is, many times, very different. (every time I call support for a query, they say "it's the same"... I present my quandary, and I get, "oh, that isn't the same... do this..." Mostly in creating effects and special cueing. Basics ARE the same. Simple cue writing and playback.

Knowing your shortcuts--which 90% make perfect sense--are the way to go. If you try to use the Virtual Keyboard, you'll never get there.

One handy shortcut to know is <PgUp> is "+" and <PgDn> is "-". Navigating the screens can be a real b*&^h. But you will get the hang of it. Scrolling while pressing the Left Mouse Button will also be your visual friend... but it can lock on you periodically... just In-Toggle the combo (window zooming in/out).

One last snafoo can complicate things, it you link into your desk--all software versions MUST be the same. Including the Fixture Library. If not, no dialogue... or sometimes strange little things happen.

Also to note--the Virtual Keyboard now has the shortcuts embedded in the virtual keys. You will see the combination in the lower-right-hand corner of each key... VERY handy!

Break a leg!
Children