Website still appalling for finding console software

OK, so I've moaned about this before, and I've managed to find the current console software by going "products > controls > Eos > Ti > software", but why oh why when I go the (to me more logical route) of following "support > search software > consoles > eos family" is the latest version of the console software v2.6, with the mac software at 2.6.1 (see attached image)

Don't get me started on the fact that software is ordered A-Z by default, meaning that it's stupidly easy to accidentally download the totally wrong version if you're not paying attention.

I really feel this should be sorted out!

Parents
  • Hi ,

Thank you for your feedback. As you've discovered, the latest software is always on the software tab of the product page of the product which uses that software. This is so you don't have to search the archives.

The Support>Search Software tool is to search the software archives for older software that isn't the latest, but you may require if updating in a multiple console environment isn't possible. Perhaps we should rename that to "Search Software Archive" but, in any case, the behaviour you are seeing is actually by design.

As you've seen in your screenshot, there is a button for sorting by date versus alphabetically. When using Keywords in your search, it is often easier to sort the results A-Z to be sure that what you requested is in the list without having to know the date it was posted. I'm sorry that the default doesn't match your expectations. To avoid the confusion, you can click on the sort by Date option before scrolling through the results when you are looking for older software.

Thanks,
    Kirk
  • I, too, have fallen victim to this confusing methodology of finding the CURRENT software. In talking to a tech at ETC, he noted it happens all the time.

ETC should:
    1. Either include ALL software in the Search -- by all definitions, where you go on all other sites for latest software.
    2. Retitle the Search for Software to "Software (Archived)"
    3. Add a line to the header, "For Current Software Releases, visit the Product Page and see the Software Tab"

NOWHERE does it state that you are searching the Archives. ETC--Please add that!!!!!

Thank you--Preston
  • I just got off a flight from Hong Kong and this thread has me laughing which is keeping me awake during my layover SFO to ORD.
    I will talk with Kirk and Marketing on Monday about this again. We really have tried to make it easy and have had a lot of internal and user feedback about the best way to make it work. I think there are some goods points in these posts and feel there are some worthwhile adjustments we might be able to make.
    Cheers,
    Mike
  • I just got off a flight from Hong Kong and this thread has me laughing which is keeping me awake during my layover SFO to ORD.
    I will talk with Kirk and Marketing on Monday about this again. We really have tried to make it easy and have had a lot of internal and user feedback about the best way to make it work. I think there are some goods points in these posts and feel there are some worthwhile adjustments we might be able to make.
    Cheers,
    Mike
Children