Website still appalling for finding console software

OK, so I've moaned about this before, and I've managed to find the current console software by going "products > controls > Eos > Ti > software", but why oh why when I go the (to me more logical route) of following "support > search software > consoles > eos family" is the latest version of the console software v2.6, with the mac software at 2.6.1 (see attached image)

Don't get me started on the fact that software is ordered A-Z by default, meaning that it's stupidly easy to accidentally download the totally wrong version if you're not paying attention.

I really feel this should be sorted out!

Parents
  • I have talked with the Marketing and the Web team. Plan ‘A’: We are looking at what it would take to get the software to initially sort by date with newest first. This would be for the ‘search path’ in Mr. Richard Williamson’s original post {Support and Training---click on Software Search link} and then run a filtered search

Two (2) other paths do return ‘newest date first’ results.
    1) Drilling down though the Products pages {Home>Products>Entertainment Controls>Eos Family} and then selecting the tab for software
    2) Going to Support and Training and then drilling through the ‘Support Articles by Product Type’ {Home>Support>Consoles>Eos Family>Eos Ti} and then selecting the tab for software.

Very sorry for all the trouble and THANK YOU for bringing your issue up. We always try to make things better even if we sometimes fall short.
  • I think it's bigger than just fixing the prioritization, although that'll definitely help. The website knows what region you've chosen to be in, it should use that to filter out all other languages so you don't have to further refine the search to remove all of the other languages that you don't need. Sorting by date doesn't always seem to work either, I was getting files from 2008-2014 mixed on the same page, with the same on the next.

I think the biggest thing I'd say is that I love ETC products, the workflow is fantastic. If some of that magic could be brougt to the website that'd be amazing...
  • i agree, the language filter should be better, also in the download section of the product pages the website seems to ignore the language setting and display download that are in other languages...
Reply Children
No Data