Beginner with an Express 48/96

I've been asked to run the lights for our schools first production.  I have scanned through the manual, but it was of little help in actually understanding how to plan, program, or setup the system for a production.  I have looked through the countless forum posts as well.

I have no experience with lighting controls, but I have figured out how to turn it on!  Actually I have gotten a little further than that, but I would like to attempt to use the system we have as it was intended instead of just manually turning lights on and off.  Am I biting off more than I can chew?

If anyone can suggest some basic reading material or offer some simple getting started suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!  I do not know all of the terminology so please keep it simple.  I do better with hands on so I hope to catch on quickly.  As I said this is the schools first production and there is no one else here that knows anything about the system.

Let the show begin!

Joe

Parents
  • you might want to contact your local dealer or ETC about the DVD training Videos available for the express consoles.  

• The quick guide will definitely help.  Thanks Jarad!

I am near Atlanta.  As I mentioned the school is just several years old and no one there has any experience other than turn the lights on and adjusting the dimmers on the panel.  I may attempt to check around the school district to see if there are any others with this model controller.  Just a few quick pointers would be enough to get me started along with the quick guide.

Thank you all for your quick replies!

Joe

• The quick guide will definitely help.  Thanks Jarad!

I am near Atlanta.  As I mentioned the school is just several years old and no one there has any experience other than turn the lights on and adjusting the dimmers on the panel.  I may attempt to check around the school district to see if there are any others with this model controller.  Just a few quick pointers would be enough to get me started along with the quick guide.

Thank you all for your quick replies!

Joe

Children
No Data