#lighthack with Raspberry Pico

The Raspberry Pico works also with ETC Nomad after an update of the CNMAT OSC library, maybe you need to update manually.
The Pico cost about $4 and have enough power to beat the Teensy for our purpose, which have many problem caused of using a 5 year old compiler version.

Parents
  • old thread, but was wondering if anyones gotten #lighthack working on the Raspberry Pi Pico?

looking for any tips or tricks for getting it running.

Thanks for you time.

• I got it to work, is there a specific question or problem?

• Thanks for the response, I’m having trouble getting a complete handshake from a fresh startup of the lighthack board.

Here’s my current setup:

Arduino IDE (1.18.19)
    Latest Manual Download of CNMAT OSC

Board Manager:

Earl Philhower – Raspberry Pi Pico/RP2040 (1.9.14)

Official Arduino – Arduino Mbed OS RP2040 (2.6.1)

Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi 4

ETCnomad EOS v3.1

With the Philhower board setup, I have to ‘jump-start’ serial monitor in Arduino IDE for the handshake to complete. By ‘jump-start’ I mean I have to open up Serial Monitor, let messages print, then close it in order for Eos Nomad to give the “IoCard – OSC USB Device Handshake complete [OK]” sign. Without ‘jump-starting’ the board, it get hung at “IoCard – OSC USB Device Handshake Initiated [ETCOSC?] and never makes it to an OK.

With the Official Arduino board setup, this ‘jump-start’ method does not work and I can’t get any connections or handshakes.

If I’m using the Philhower setup and I’ve ‘jump-started’ the board, I have complete functionality and have been able to control fixture as desired.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• I will test the Earl Philhower core tomorrow, The official Arduino core have a problem with the Serial implementation because it is based on mbed. 

• Using macOS Monterey with Arduino IDE 2.0-rc3
    The USB test works fine with Earl Philhower Core, I attached an USB test. After uploading you should close the IDE, maybe that cause a problem with detecting.

usb_test_sketch.zip

Reply Children