What would you like to see in a new fixture?

What kind of new fixture would you like to see?
I'm gonna put up a few poll ideas but if you don't see something you like feel free to share your ideas.:D

Myself I'm lookin for a nice 1200w+, spot yoker with good prisims and fx to replace my X-spots with. I need more punch.:headbang: Even a 2k model would be cool or a unit that would do both.

And I must say this. Bring back the Tracspot! What fool would stop making the worlds best club light? Clients ask for them by name!
Bullet proof! Easy to maintain! Reliable beyond all others! A true LEGEND!
Parents
  • [quote=TimMiller]I think the showgun is definately lacking in gobos. For the big bright movers, i'm staying with the coemar I-Flex spots and washes.

I mean the show gun is a really big and bright light, but come on, only 4 gobos, my cybers have more that that, for theatre i really need a large selection of gobos. When it comes to really big and bright muscle and no gobos, i'll take my 4k colormixing xenon.

Have you gotten the chance to actually use a SHOWGUN yet? It really is in a fixture class all its own, and comparing it to other fixtures simply isn't fair to them b/c SHOWGUN is so well engineered in comparison.

The Coemars are just so outright unreliable!

The SHOWGUN optics and color mixing blow away every fixtue I have seen up to the 5k/7k range...including xenons.....try getting a sharp ACL like beam with NO extra halation on a xenon fixture....it won't happen, to say nothing of getting a smooth dimming curve at minimum zoom, sharp focus and a 45 sec fade time....etc, etc...

I personally don't find the 4 gobo slots really very limiting If you really need that many gobos it is time to "go digital" then anyway in my opinion...DLs give you no realistic limit to the number of gobos you have, plus with DL.2 you are not limited by physical optics, meaning that not only is brightness maintained, but you can control the color and sharpness of each patten on an individual basis and not have to pick an overall color, or which pattern is sharp or not.

I'll take a DL.2 doing foliage breakups with the image moving organically, over a VL-3k in a foliage breakup in green moving inorganically any time.
  • [quote=TimMiller]I think the showgun is definately lacking in gobos. For the big bright movers, i'm staying with the coemar I-Flex spots and washes.

I mean the show gun is a really big and bright light, but come on, only 4 gobos, my cybers have more that that, for theatre i really need a large selection of gobos. When it comes to really big and bright muscle and no gobos, i'll take my 4k colormixing xenon.

Have you gotten the chance to actually use a SHOWGUN yet? It really is in a fixture class all its own, and comparing it to other fixtures simply isn't fair to them b/c SHOWGUN is so well engineered in comparison.

The Coemars are just so outright unreliable!

The SHOWGUN optics and color mixing blow away every fixtue I have seen up to the 5k/7k range...including xenons.....try getting a sharp ACL like beam with NO extra halation on a xenon fixture....it won't happen, to say nothing of getting a smooth dimming curve at minimum zoom, sharp focus and a 45 sec fade time....etc, etc...

I personally don't find the 4 gobo slots really very limiting If you really need that many gobos it is time to "go digital" then anyway in my opinion...DLs give you no realistic limit to the number of gobos you have, plus with DL.2 you are not limited by physical optics, meaning that not only is brightness maintained, but you can control the color and sharpness of each patten on an individual basis and not have to pick an overall color, or which pattern is sharp or not.

I'll take a DL.2 doing foliage breakups with the image moving organically, over a VL-3k in a foliage breakup in green moving inorganically any time.
Children
No Data
Related