Cyberlight Power

Hey Everybody,
I recently gotten a few used cyberlights, I've used cybers before, but i've never been responsible for actually connecting power. So..

being a novice (but one who catches on quickly) i want to make sure i power my cybers correctly to test them, and eventually use them.

I was reading the manual, i see i can choose what power i want to use by moving the voltage wire within the fixture, my question is, the manual states i can use 208v (which i assume means i need 3phase), or i can use 230v.

In this venue i only have access to single (split) phase, so 240v. Is that the same as 230v? if i power the cybers with single phase 240v will i be safe, as long as i have the power connected correctly in the fixture..

Thanks much!
Parents
  • Ok things are starting to get confusing. What cybers want as far as power wise is two lines (legs) of 120. They can power up off of only one leg but it cannot strike the lamp that way. Now all of our cybers are tapped for 230. Even though they occasionally get 208. In three phase weither its delta or wie you will have three legs of 120 or two legs of 120 and a leg of 208. BE SURE THAT SOME GOOBER ELECTRICIAN DOES NOT SEND A SINGLE LEG OF 208 TO THE LIGHT I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN. Now if you have three legs of 120 than leg to leg you will see 208 V. b/c of the phaseing shown by this little math formula 1.73 x 120 = 208. Now in Y if you come off of the two 120 legs (ignoring the middle "wild leg" of 208) you will get 240.

OK electrical class done for now. Now as far as wiring up your cyber lights..

You do not need 3 phase power. I connect them at my house all the time. Most houses do not have three phase (there are some that do). At a house or at a club that has single phase you have two hot legs of 120 along with a neutral and a ground.

So the brown wire on the cyber light goes to L1 (line one or leg one (hot))
    The blue wire goes to L2 (line two or leg two (second hot))
    The greeen goes to ground.
    You do not have a neutral.
  • Ok things are starting to get confusing. What cybers want as far as power wise is two lines (legs) of 120. They can power up off of only one leg but it cannot strike the lamp that way. Now all of our cybers are tapped for 230. Even though they occasionally get 208. In three phase weither its delta or wie you will have three legs of 120 or two legs of 120 and a leg of 208. BE SURE THAT SOME GOOBER ELECTRICIAN DOES NOT SEND A SINGLE LEG OF 208 TO THE LIGHT I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN. Now if you have three legs of 120 than leg to leg you will see 208 V. b/c of the phaseing shown by this little math formula 1.73 x 120 = 208. Now in Y if you come off of the two 120 legs (ignoring the middle "wild leg" of 208) you will get 240.

OK electrical class done for now. Now as far as wiring up your cyber lights..

You do not need 3 phase power. I connect them at my house all the time. Most houses do not have three phase (there are some that do). At a house or at a club that has single phase you have two hot legs of 120 along with a neutral and a ground.

So the brown wire on the cyber light goes to L1 (line one or leg one (hot))
    The blue wire goes to L2 (line two or leg two (second hot))
    The greeen goes to ground.
    You do not have a neutral.
Children
No Data
Related