Cyberlight Power

Hey Everybody,
I recently gotten a few used cyberlights, I've used cybers before, but i've never been responsible for actually connecting power. So..

being a novice (but one who catches on quickly) i want to make sure i power my cybers correctly to test them, and eventually use them.

I was reading the manual, i see i can choose what power i want to use by moving the voltage wire within the fixture, my question is, the manual states i can use 208v (which i assume means i need 3phase), or i can use 230v.

In this venue i only have access to single (split) phase, so 240v. Is that the same as 230v? if i power the cybers with single phase 240v will i be safe, as long as i have the power connected correctly in the fixture..

Thanks much!
Parents
  • Wow! I didn't think this would start a long thread, I did check the power setting on the power board for the ballast, changed it to 230v 60hz (which happens to be the same tap for 240v 50hz... strange) they fired just fine, and ran their self test.

Most of the places i'll end up using them will have three phase power, so i'll just have to switch them back to 208v when i use them there.

Here's another question, the manual says i should be able to see the lamp hours when all of the info switches are off, when i set them all off, the info led just does one long flash. all of the other info features ie. lamp strikes, give me responses. Is there some other way to find lamp hours, or am i missing something, or maybe the counter was never reset?

thank you all for your responses!!
  • Wow! I didn't think this would start a long thread, I did check the power setting on the power board for the ballast, changed it to 230v 60hz (which happens to be the same tap for 240v 50hz... strange) they fired just fine, and ran their self test.

Most of the places i'll end up using them will have three phase power, so i'll just have to switch them back to 208v when i use them there.

Here's another question, the manual says i should be able to see the lamp hours when all of the info switches are off, when i set them all off, the info led just does one long flash. all of the other info features ie. lamp strikes, give me responses. Is there some other way to find lamp hours, or am i missing something, or maybe the counter was never reset?

thank you all for your responses!!
Children
No Data
Related