trackspot beeping

Hello, I have a problem with a Trackspot (rev 3.2). After initialising one of the motors starts the two level beeping. Initialising goes OK, (wheels are coming in the home position). The personality switch is in the test position. I have tried other setups of this switch I have measured the lines up to IC 7 (74HC245) and it seems that everything is OK. I have already tried another uprocessor but the beeping stays.
What is the problem here ?
Parents
  • Can I ask how you managed to replace the IC? Getting underneatht the PCB looks almost impossible! It looks like I'd have to desolder the XLR sockets to do that? The sockets have a plastic mounting on the outside which means you can't pull the PCB away from the bottom metal casing, and I can't remove the aluminium plate that is under the PCB because the dimming transisters have heat conducting glue attaching them?

Edit: As a last resort I'm tempted to snip the lead for that dip switch. I would, but I'm just wondering what the point in it is anyway?! I assume that it would be if you are monitoring certain aspects of the init process, but I haven't found any resources which explain what to monitor. I have an osciliscope and multimeter but not sure how I could use them without detailed specs?

Cheers
  • Can I ask how you managed to replace the IC? Getting underneatht the PCB looks almost impossible! It looks like I'd have to desolder the XLR sockets to do that? The sockets have a plastic mounting on the outside which means you can't pull the PCB away from the bottom metal casing, and I can't remove the aluminium plate that is under the PCB because the dimming transisters have heat conducting glue attaching them?

Edit: As a last resort I'm tempted to snip the lead for that dip switch. I would, but I'm just wondering what the point in it is anyway?! I assume that it would be if you are monitoring certain aspects of the init process, but I haven't found any resources which explain what to monitor. I have an osciliscope and multimeter but not sure how I could use them without detailed specs?

Cheers
Children
No Data
Related