Cyberlight issues

Hello all squints,

Got a question and would appreciate some help if possible. I'm trying to repair a cyber that isn't accepting DMX--the fixture lamps on, fans work, and the connections to the PC board from the jack are reading continuity. Any words of advice? :684: Thanks to all.
Parents
  • [quote=chris_litz]Have you tried addressing it the same as another Cyber that's working OK?

Does the receive LED blink?

Turn it on w/o DMX, let it home & time out until the fans stop running. Plug in DMX, does it home?

I work on a cruise ship and have to send my cybers out to an electronic technician on the ship that doesn't know cyberlights. He understands how to fix electronics but wasn't trained to do them--that's why I'm asking. I unfortunately don't have time to personally repair them--he does it and I offer him suggestions as best as I can.

Yes, I have tried addressing it the same as another cyber, and the receive LED blinks. Before I rehang it, I always test it on the ground with a DMX line I know works.

In test mode, everything works. But the info LED is very intermittent or non existent. Thanks to everyone for their advice.
  • [quote=chris_litz]Have you tried addressing it the same as another Cyber that's working OK?

Does the receive LED blink?

Turn it on w/o DMX, let it home & time out until the fans stop running. Plug in DMX, does it home?

I work on a cruise ship and have to send my cybers out to an electronic technician on the ship that doesn't know cyberlights. He understands how to fix electronics but wasn't trained to do them--that's why I'm asking. I unfortunately don't have time to personally repair them--he does it and I offer him suggestions as best as I can.

Yes, I have tried addressing it the same as another cyber, and the receive LED blinks. Before I rehang it, I always test it on the ground with a DMX line I know works.

In test mode, everything works. But the info LED is very intermittent or non existent. Thanks to everyone for their advice.
Children
No Data
Related