Cyberlight issues

Hello all squints,

Got a question and would appreciate some help if possible. I'm trying to repair a cyber that isn't accepting DMX--the fixture lamps on, fans work, and the connections to the PC board from the jack are reading continuity. Any words of advice? :684: Thanks to all.
Parents
  • [quote=chris_litz]Have you tried a different logic board in the bad Cyber? Try a known good working logic even if that means you have to take one out of another Cyber in the rig.

If the other board works OK then have your tech try replacing these components:

DZ1
    DZ2
    R35
    R36
    IC9
    IC12
    IC21

Thanks--I have had him replace the logic board before as well as the power supply board. The unfortunate matter is that I'm the only one with decent DMX testing equipment and their workshop is a few flights from the theater on the ship. I'm going to try and coordinate with him so that when he's testing it I don't have to lug the dang thing all the way upstairs first. :aargh4:
  • [quote=chris_litz]Have you tried a different logic board in the bad Cyber? Try a known good working logic even if that means you have to take one out of another Cyber in the rig.

If the other board works OK then have your tech try replacing these components:

DZ1
    DZ2
    R35
    R36
    IC9
    IC12
    IC21

Thanks--I have had him replace the logic board before as well as the power supply board. The unfortunate matter is that I'm the only one with decent DMX testing equipment and their workshop is a few flights from the theater on the ship. I'm going to try and coordinate with him so that when he's testing it I don't have to lug the dang thing all the way upstairs first. :aargh4:
Children
No Data
Related