X.Spot unhappy

I have one x.spot xtreme that doesn't seem to be very happy with me. Had a bulb explode on me last week (not even that old, 320 hours) -- i noticed it scratched the reflector, but nothing too major. replaced the lamp and within 15 hours, boom, exploded agian, this time blowing a hole through the side of the reflector. Before I replace both the lamp agian, and the reflector, i'd have to assume there is something bigger going on.

Anyone wanna take a stab?

Stephen
Parents
  • I am going to assume the obvious....that the lamps are all being cleaned with alcohol wipes before being used?? Dirt, grease, fingerprints, etc can all cause exactly what you are describing......but I figure you already know that;)

The other thing I would look at first is the lamp socket and the wires that lead to it.

Check the socket for any cracks or missing pieces, and the pin recepticles for burn marks or corrosion.

Check that the wires have not been damages anywhere along the way....the wires onthose sockets are fairly tight, so if someone has put too much force on them there might be damage there.

Hope this helps :) .
  • I am going to assume the obvious....that the lamps are all being cleaned with alcohol wipes before being used?? Dirt, grease, fingerprints, etc can all cause exactly what you are describing......but I figure you already know that;)

The other thing I would look at first is the lamp socket and the wires that lead to it.

Check the socket for any cracks or missing pieces, and the pin recepticles for burn marks or corrosion.

Check that the wires have not been damages anywhere along the way....the wires onthose sockets are fairly tight, so if someone has put too much force on them there might be damage there.

Hope this helps :) .
Children
No Data
Related