full-color high res gobos in a showgun

OK, so a client of mine wants to do a custom glass full color high res gobo through a moving light, but wants it to freaking pop...I mean just absolutely pop. So my two options, in my mind, were a showgun or the new mac.

In the humble opinion of those on the forums (including HES), how long would a full-res full color gobo last in the showgun or the showgun 2.5? Could I get a few days out of it running at 10 hours/day? A week?

Thanks.
Parents
  • As long as it is a "true" glass gobo it should last a very long time in SHOWGUN.

If you need "photo-realistic" detail...the SHWOGUN optics are not quite good enough for that, but you can get a great looking image from them....keep in mind that they are about as "sharp" in optocal quality as a Cyberlight.

There was an issue in the earlier fixture firmware related to indexing gobos with SHOWGUN, where once the the fixture was HOME-ed it would not check the index location of the gobos......this might have been fixed, but if not it could affecgt what you are doing if you need precise positioning....but as long as the fixture is powered and recieveing DMX it will repeat positions just fine,

As output goes, even a regular SHOWGUN will beat the new Mac III easily in output.

Hope this helps :)
  • As long as it is a "true" glass gobo it should last a very long time in SHOWGUN.

If you need "photo-realistic" detail...the SHWOGUN optics are not quite good enough for that, but you can get a great looking image from them....keep in mind that they are about as "sharp" in optocal quality as a Cyberlight.

There was an issue in the earlier fixture firmware related to indexing gobos with SHOWGUN, where once the the fixture was HOME-ed it would not check the index location of the gobos......this might have been fixed, but if not it could affecgt what you are doing if you need precise positioning....but as long as the fixture is powered and recieveing DMX it will repeat positions just fine,

As output goes, even a regular SHOWGUN will beat the new Mac III easily in output.

Hope this helps :)
Children
No Data
Related