full-color high res gobos in a showgun

OK, so a client of mine wants to do a custom glass full color high res gobo through a moving light, but wants it to freaking pop...I mean just absolutely pop. So my two options, in my mind, were a showgun or the new mac.

In the humble opinion of those on the forums (including HES), how long would a full-res full color gobo last in the showgun or the showgun 2.5? Could I get a few days out of it running at 10 hours/day? A week?

Thanks.
Parents
  • Hey Marty-

Thanks for the info. The gobo is just a corporate logo for all practical purposes. It just will be technically a high res full color gobo even though it's only probably 4 colors total. But basically, a corporate logo. Still think it would be ok? Obviously, as long as it punches and is in focus, that's all I'm going for. I wouldn't expect it to be able to make an accurate quality earth gobo come to life, but for corporate, I would hope so.

This would be my first experience with one of these beasts, so I wasn't really sure what to think. I'm seen them up close and watched them, but never actually used one before.

No matter, thanks for the info. My other option is a vari-lite 3000, and I think this would be the best option for what we're doing...let me know if you agree. We're going to have a VL probably as background moving imagery that doesn't affect the logo directly. Heck, maybe I can use the LED ring to create some fun too!

Oh, and the change from day to day wouldn't kill me. I've had to deal with that before in fixutres of many manufacturers, whether it's fun or not, I have done it. Oh man, I remember back to a day when a Studiospot 250 (as for some reason the gobo was cut for that and nothing more normal) would never hold the same when I even dimmed it to black and back up....it would change....it was insanity...I would have to do it on the fly during the show, and of course the logo was right behind the speaker's head!

Thanks again!
  • Hey Marty-

Thanks for the info. The gobo is just a corporate logo for all practical purposes. It just will be technically a high res full color gobo even though it's only probably 4 colors total. But basically, a corporate logo. Still think it would be ok? Obviously, as long as it punches and is in focus, that's all I'm going for. I wouldn't expect it to be able to make an accurate quality earth gobo come to life, but for corporate, I would hope so.

This would be my first experience with one of these beasts, so I wasn't really sure what to think. I'm seen them up close and watched them, but never actually used one before.

No matter, thanks for the info. My other option is a vari-lite 3000, and I think this would be the best option for what we're doing...let me know if you agree. We're going to have a VL probably as background moving imagery that doesn't affect the logo directly. Heck, maybe I can use the LED ring to create some fun too!

Oh, and the change from day to day wouldn't kill me. I've had to deal with that before in fixutres of many manufacturers, whether it's fun or not, I have done it. Oh man, I remember back to a day when a Studiospot 250 (as for some reason the gobo was cut for that and nothing more normal) would never hold the same when I even dimmed it to black and back up....it would change....it was insanity...I would have to do it on the fly during the show, and of course the logo was right behind the speaker's head!

Thanks again!
Children
No Data
Related