full-color high res gobos in a showgun

OK, so a client of mine wants to do a custom glass full color high res gobo through a moving light, but wants it to freaking pop...I mean just absolutely pop. So my two options, in my mind, were a showgun or the new mac.

In the humble opinion of those on the forums (including HES), how long would a full-res full color gobo last in the showgun or the showgun 2.5? Could I get a few days out of it running at 10 hours/day? A week?

Thanks.
Parents
  • Hey again Marty-

I assumed it would kill in output. The zoom range in this case is actually what I'm trying to kill, consequently. I'm hitting a set piece almost exactly 55' away that is only 10' wide at it's widest point (it's a circular truss 10' diameter). So really, I need the tight zoom that either a VL (down to 10 degrees) or a Showgun (down to 9 degrees) can afford. It's like it was made for just this application!

I know it's going to absolutely kill anything I could otherwise shoot. They want a hard punch in an expo center with all the merc-vapors on at full the whole time....so I too want a solid punch that I can guarantee to the client without any worry of getting washed out! I figure at 2000 watts I'm nearly guaranteed that...and it's in the budget, so heck, rock out.
  • Hey again Marty-

I assumed it would kill in output. The zoom range in this case is actually what I'm trying to kill, consequently. I'm hitting a set piece almost exactly 55' away that is only 10' wide at it's widest point (it's a circular truss 10' diameter). So really, I need the tight zoom that either a VL (down to 10 degrees) or a Showgun (down to 9 degrees) can afford. It's like it was made for just this application!

I know it's going to absolutely kill anything I could otherwise shoot. They want a hard punch in an expo center with all the merc-vapors on at full the whole time....so I too want a solid punch that I can guarantee to the client without any worry of getting washed out! I figure at 2000 watts I'm nearly guaranteed that...and it's in the budget, so heck, rock out.
Children
No Data
Related