Studio Color 575 lamp issue

:confused: I have a color studio 575 at our church that after replacing the lamp it would not strike. This same unit had the ignitor card replaced a year ago. After further investigating I found the a fuse blown on the LPS. After replacing it with the correct size the lamp still wouldn't strike. (No clicking sounds either). I tried another ignitor card and still no lamp strike. I found a new LPS on Ebay and installed that today. Now when I do a self test, the display flashes strike and the lamp looks like it strikes. (No clicking sound from ignitor or power supply). The display continues to flash strike.
If I manually strike the lamp from the menu, I can see the lamp come on but eventually turn off after about a minute.
Is it abnormal to not hear the ignitor or power supply make a clicking sound when the lamp ignites? Also, once ignited, why doesn't the lamp stay lit?
Thank you!
Parents
  • [QUOTE=sevanjam;47192]I dont hear the relay click in , the fuses are fine , i've changed the lamp , does it matter if i reset the lamp hours ???

because for some reason i didn't, probably got carried away with other MAJOR troubleshooting , i mean why should a fixture not ignite if the lamp hours are over the lamp hours life ?? i wonder :confused:
    Because lamp explosions are no fun, so some mfg's give you the option to have the light fail to strike lest lazy techs ignore them long enough that you get major damage!

- Tim
  • [QUOTE=sevanjam;47192]I dont hear the relay click in , the fuses are fine , i've changed the lamp , does it matter if i reset the lamp hours ???

because for some reason i didn't, probably got carried away with other MAJOR troubleshooting , i mean why should a fixture not ignite if the lamp hours are over the lamp hours life ?? i wonder :confused:
    Because lamp explosions are no fun, so some mfg's give you the option to have the light fail to strike lest lazy techs ignore them long enough that you get major damage!

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related