Wierd Studio Spot 250 Issue.

I just bought three studio spots and did not get to test them before I got them home.

One unit when I run the self tests, tests for all the characteristics of a Studio color (eg CYM).

Is it possible someone updated to Studio color firmware?

How easy or difficult will it be to correct the firmware?

Additionally some of the units have color wheel problems. Someone told me it is usually the motor that goes bad, not the sensor. My question is that the motor seems to be working but the wheel seems to be stiff. Could something be too tight or does the wheel require any type of lubrication?
Parents
  • Hi Balvinder,

The fixture's Mode may be set to Studio Color. You can change this from the fixture's menu. See steps below.

1. Press and hold the button until “ADDR” appears on the LED display.

2. Using the and arrow buttons, scroll to the “MODE” menu and press the button to select the “MODE” menu.

3. Using the and arrow buttons, scroll to the “TYPE” menu. (This will be the first menu displayed). Press the button to select the “TYPE” menu.

4. Using the and arrow buttons, choose the “SPOT” option for Studio Spot 250 fixtures, or the “COLR” option for Studio Color 250 fixtures. Press the button to select the desired option.

Regarding the color wheel, when you say that the motor seems to be working, are you seeing the motor rotate the wheel in self-test? Or, are you able to rotate the wheel when the fixtures are OFF?

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    p
  • Hi Balvinder,

The fixture's Mode may be set to Studio Color. You can change this from the fixture's menu. See steps below.

1. Press and hold the button until “ADDR” appears on the LED display.

2. Using the and arrow buttons, scroll to the “MODE” menu and press the button to select the “MODE” menu.

3. Using the and arrow buttons, scroll to the “TYPE” menu. (This will be the first menu displayed). Press the button to select the “TYPE” menu.

4. Using the and arrow buttons, choose the “SPOT” option for Studio Spot 250 fixtures, or the “COLR” option for Studio Color 250 fixtures. Press the button to select the desired option.

Regarding the color wheel, when you say that the motor seems to be working, are you seeing the motor rotate the wheel in self-test? Or, are you able to rotate the wheel when the fixtures are OFF?

Hope this helps.
    Best Regards,
    p
Children
No Data
Related