Wierd Studio Spot 250 Issue.

I just bought three studio spots and did not get to test them before I got them home.

One unit when I run the self tests, tests for all the characteristics of a Studio color (eg CYM).

Is it possible someone updated to Studio color firmware?

How easy or difficult will it be to correct the firmware?

Additionally some of the units have color wheel problems. Someone told me it is usually the motor that goes bad, not the sensor. My question is that the motor seems to be working but the wheel seems to be stiff. Could something be too tight or does the wheel require any type of lubrication?
Parents
  • Ok,

1) I found some HES motors on e-bay, so I am going to try the fix myself. I notice that some motors have longer spindals than others, eg The Iris Motor spindle is longer.

Can the spindles be swapped out?

2) It was suggested that I try changing the control chips. Which one is for the color wheel? My chips wiring is labeled as follows and it is not obvious which one is for the color wheel!

First row:
    Litho/Cyan M0
    Litho Rot YLM M1
    Focus M2
    Iris/Dimmer M3
    Tilt HD9

Row Two:
    FX/LENT M7
    FX/ROT M6
    Color/Magenta M5
    Dim1 M4A
    Dim2 M4B
    Pan HD10

3) Lastly one of my units works fine but shows PAN/TILT error during self test only.

What could this be?

Thanks in advance for you help!
  • Ok,

1) I found some HES motors on e-bay, so I am going to try the fix myself. I notice that some motors have longer spindals than others, eg The Iris Motor spindle is longer.

Can the spindles be swapped out?

2) It was suggested that I try changing the control chips. Which one is for the color wheel? My chips wiring is labeled as follows and it is not obvious which one is for the color wheel!

First row:
    Litho/Cyan M0
    Litho Rot YLM M1
    Focus M2
    Iris/Dimmer M3
    Tilt HD9

Row Two:
    FX/LENT M7
    FX/ROT M6
    Color/Magenta M5
    Dim1 M4A
    Dim2 M4B
    Pan HD10

3) Lastly one of my units works fine but shows PAN/TILT error during self test only.

What could this be?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Children
No Data
Related