Cyberlights on 110V?

Hello all
I'm currently working on building up a good set of equipment for my attempt at lighting design. After reviewing many options for used equipment (And my parents demanding for me to buy American made) I've recently discovered the Cyberlight classic as a good choice. However, this brings up my nightmare, in that Cyberlight classics do not support 110V, which I will primarily be dealing with. This also applies to various other lights too, from various manufacturers.

I am curious if anyone knows of any way to get Cyberlights to work on 110V, even though they do not naturally support it. Preferrably, an easy, simplistic way, that won't cost more than the lights themselves to do. I've already looked all through the manual for the Cyberlights, and I understand about their 208/240V Support. So, is there any way to do this that is not unnaturally dangerous, or overly skilled/expensive?

Also, I'm quite curious if anyone knows why the Cyberlights and certain other fixtures from various manufacturers require 200+V, whereas other lights that use the same lamp and same features do not. I'm just curious on that.

Please do let me know! I am really hoping to be able to use High End systems equipment in time, but this nasty roadblock popped up and I must find a way around it to do so.

-C
Parents
  • Heya
    I'm going to be using them in a variety of places. This may range from large school auditoriums, to nightclubs, restaraunts, or even garages, depending on where my stepdad is touring, parties, or wherever they may be needed that I haven't thought of. The main reason i'm going for Cybers is because they have a nicer feature set than most other scanners currently (And I can get them for prices I can actually afford), namely CMY Mixing, Dual Litho/gobo wheels + Effects, and 1200W of brightness seems very nice when doing something like an Auditorium, especially when I need to have the image reach from one end of the auditorium to the other without it fading very much. I couldn't really find any other from high end or others that have those features and support 110. There were a few 1200W Fixtures that I looked at which support 110V, but they are quite a bit heavier, and they don't have as many or as good Lithos/Gobos as the Cyberlights do.
    If someone can make a recommendation as to what I should look in to though, 700W or 575W wise, i'll gladly give it good consideration. 250W seems a bit underwhelming in my opinion though, and LED-Wise i'm probably going to wait a while for the price to drop.

I will say though, the X-Spots are very, very tempting, beautiful feature set it seems and nice 110V support. Only obstacle is probably the price and movability.

And in response to MarTy's post, how should I go about getting/finding a 3 Phase connection? I'm not very familiar with those lol, I don't think we get 208 Service around where I am, just 220 and 110 i think.

Thanks!
    -C
  • Heya
    I'm going to be using them in a variety of places. This may range from large school auditoriums, to nightclubs, restaraunts, or even garages, depending on where my stepdad is touring, parties, or wherever they may be needed that I haven't thought of. The main reason i'm going for Cybers is because they have a nicer feature set than most other scanners currently (And I can get them for prices I can actually afford), namely CMY Mixing, Dual Litho/gobo wheels + Effects, and 1200W of brightness seems very nice when doing something like an Auditorium, especially when I need to have the image reach from one end of the auditorium to the other without it fading very much. I couldn't really find any other from high end or others that have those features and support 110. There were a few 1200W Fixtures that I looked at which support 110V, but they are quite a bit heavier, and they don't have as many or as good Lithos/Gobos as the Cyberlights do.
    If someone can make a recommendation as to what I should look in to though, 700W or 575W wise, i'll gladly give it good consideration. 250W seems a bit underwhelming in my opinion though, and LED-Wise i'm probably going to wait a while for the price to drop.

I will say though, the X-Spots are very, very tempting, beautiful feature set it seems and nice 110V support. Only obstacle is probably the price and movability.

And in response to MarTy's post, how should I go about getting/finding a 3 Phase connection? I'm not very familiar with those lol, I don't think we get 208 Service around where I am, just 220 and 110 i think.

Thanks!
    -C
Children
No Data
Related