Cyberlights on 110V?

Hello all
I'm currently working on building up a good set of equipment for my attempt at lighting design. After reviewing many options for used equipment (And my parents demanding for me to buy American made) I've recently discovered the Cyberlight classic as a good choice. However, this brings up my nightmare, in that Cyberlight classics do not support 110V, which I will primarily be dealing with. This also applies to various other lights too, from various manufacturers.

I am curious if anyone knows of any way to get Cyberlights to work on 110V, even though they do not naturally support it. Preferrably, an easy, simplistic way, that won't cost more than the lights themselves to do. I've already looked all through the manual for the Cyberlights, and I understand about their 208/240V Support. So, is there any way to do this that is not unnaturally dangerous, or overly skilled/expensive?

Also, I'm quite curious if anyone knows why the Cyberlights and certain other fixtures from various manufacturers require 200+V, whereas other lights that use the same lamp and same features do not. I'm just curious on that.

Please do let me know! I am really hoping to be able to use High End systems equipment in time, but this nasty roadblock popped up and I must find a way around it to do so.

-C
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;53797]Wow....drop a "t" and my entire gender changes....;)

Oh oops XD That was a fail on my part, i'll edit it soon.

I've been meaning to try and learn how to do it actually, but when I asked many how to learn how to do electrical work such as this, I've never gotten a straight answer. They've basically said learn the physics of it (Though the physics course at my school was, to put it lightly, fail, in that it only taught us the calculations and such). If there is a single or two courses in particular, like college level, that I should look for which would focus more on the *doing* bits of this type of thing, I will gladly go for those, but up to now nobody anywhere has given much of an answer, heh.

Currently the main reason I'm daring to attempt such a risky thing is in trying to balance Budget and Safety.

A nudge in the right direction from this point would be greatly appreciated, whether it be which equipment besides Cyber's to go for that have similar feature sets, or how to learn to do the necessary electrical work.

Thanks
    -C
  • [QUOTE=Marty Postma;53797]Wow....drop a "t" and my entire gender changes....;)

Oh oops XD That was a fail on my part, i'll edit it soon.

I've been meaning to try and learn how to do it actually, but when I asked many how to learn how to do electrical work such as this, I've never gotten a straight answer. They've basically said learn the physics of it (Though the physics course at my school was, to put it lightly, fail, in that it only taught us the calculations and such). If there is a single or two courses in particular, like college level, that I should look for which would focus more on the *doing* bits of this type of thing, I will gladly go for those, but up to now nobody anywhere has given much of an answer, heh.

Currently the main reason I'm daring to attempt such a risky thing is in trying to balance Budget and Safety.

A nudge in the right direction from this point would be greatly appreciated, whether it be which equipment besides Cyber's to go for that have similar feature sets, or how to learn to do the necessary electrical work.

Thanks
    -C
Children
No Data
Related