Cyberlights on 110V?

Hello all
I'm currently working on building up a good set of equipment for my attempt at lighting design. After reviewing many options for used equipment (And my parents demanding for me to buy American made) I've recently discovered the Cyberlight classic as a good choice. However, this brings up my nightmare, in that Cyberlight classics do not support 110V, which I will primarily be dealing with. This also applies to various other lights too, from various manufacturers.

I am curious if anyone knows of any way to get Cyberlights to work on 110V, even though they do not naturally support it. Preferrably, an easy, simplistic way, that won't cost more than the lights themselves to do. I've already looked all through the manual for the Cyberlights, and I understand about their 208/240V Support. So, is there any way to do this that is not unnaturally dangerous, or overly skilled/expensive?

Also, I'm quite curious if anyone knows why the Cyberlights and certain other fixtures from various manufacturers require 200+V, whereas other lights that use the same lamp and same features do not. I'm just curious on that.

Please do let me know! I am really hoping to be able to use High End systems equipment in time, but this nasty roadblock popped up and I must find a way around it to do so.

-C
Parents
  • I see what you're saying, and I understand it. Please don't feel that I'm ignoring you or anything, because I'm not ignoring anyone at all, I'm giving serious consideration to what you've said, and I do feel it is good advice.
    Thing is I'm having trouble finding any lighting agencies that I could possibly get an internship or similar with around my area, though I have seen some higher tech lighting in various theater performances, so perhaps I'm just unsure what to look for... That brings up the question, lighting agency wise, what should I look for, that i might have a chance of an internship or something with?

For the mean time, I would appreciate suggestions of what I should try and go for, to start sort of medium-small. I'm not really in to more of the DJ oriented stuff as I am more toward Intelligent, higher tech stuff. I ordered in a Technobeam Iris recently for a pretty good price, so I'm giving that a shot to see what those are like. Darn high price though, higher than the Cybers themselves it seems...

As for transformers i'm probably willing to spend up to $50 each on fixtures, but If I can find a good alternative to Cybers i'd probably go with those.

-C

(I'm avoiding mentioning what else i've been looking at, I'm unsure if mention of other brands Names is allowed on these forums.)
  • I see what you're saying, and I understand it. Please don't feel that I'm ignoring you or anything, because I'm not ignoring anyone at all, I'm giving serious consideration to what you've said, and I do feel it is good advice.
    Thing is I'm having trouble finding any lighting agencies that I could possibly get an internship or similar with around my area, though I have seen some higher tech lighting in various theater performances, so perhaps I'm just unsure what to look for... That brings up the question, lighting agency wise, what should I look for, that i might have a chance of an internship or something with?

For the mean time, I would appreciate suggestions of what I should try and go for, to start sort of medium-small. I'm not really in to more of the DJ oriented stuff as I am more toward Intelligent, higher tech stuff. I ordered in a Technobeam Iris recently for a pretty good price, so I'm giving that a shot to see what those are like. Darn high price though, higher than the Cybers themselves it seems...

As for transformers i'm probably willing to spend up to $50 each on fixtures, but If I can find a good alternative to Cybers i'd probably go with those.

-C

(I'm avoiding mentioning what else i've been looking at, I'm unsure if mention of other brands Names is allowed on these forums.)
Children
No Data
Related