DMX universe on DML..

Hi all,

need urgent help here on my DMLs setup..

Basically I am running 08 units of DMLs via artnet and a MA lighting Console. But the problem is I am not able to change the DMX universe on the DML itself. It always goes back to 1 whenever I exit or enter again.. Only 1 out of the 8 units can change the DMX universe..

Anyone encounter this before??

thx
Parents
  • Hi Aruvin,

When did you take these pictures? Before or after you did the upgrade? The picture showing 'Failed No Answer,' this looks as though you were trying to upgrade the fixtures while DMX/Art-net was plugged into the fixture. There is a known issue where software versions don't report properly when DMX/Art-net is plugged into the fixture. And if the if it shows this way in tool-set, it can lead to the error message you recieved inthe second picture.

You want that version reporting screen to all have current versions reporting back. There should be no 'Failed no answer'

Try removing the DMX/Art-net and connecting to the fixtture with Tool-set.

Select a fixture to upgrade and confirm that you are seeing all components reporting version propperly. The first column of versions are what is currently running on the DML. The second column shows what's in the update package.

The required upgrades will be in BLACK, and should be pre-selected.
    On'y update these.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction. Please let us know when you able to give this a try.

Best Regards,
    paul
  • Hi Aruvin,

When did you take these pictures? Before or after you did the upgrade? The picture showing 'Failed No Answer,' this looks as though you were trying to upgrade the fixtures while DMX/Art-net was plugged into the fixture. There is a known issue where software versions don't report properly when DMX/Art-net is plugged into the fixture. And if the if it shows this way in tool-set, it can lead to the error message you recieved inthe second picture.

You want that version reporting screen to all have current versions reporting back. There should be no 'Failed no answer'

Try removing the DMX/Art-net and connecting to the fixtture with Tool-set.

Select a fixture to upgrade and confirm that you are seeing all components reporting version propperly. The first column of versions are what is currently running on the DML. The second column shows what's in the update package.

The required upgrades will be in BLACK, and should be pre-selected.
    On'y update these.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction. Please let us know when you able to give this a try.

Best Regards,
    paul
Children
No Data