DMX universe on DML..

Hi all,

need urgent help here on my DMLs setup..

Basically I am running 08 units of DMLs via artnet and a MA lighting Console. But the problem is I am not able to change the DMX universe on the DML itself. It always goes back to 1 whenever I exit or enter again.. Only 1 out of the 8 units can change the DMX universe..

Anyone encounter this before??

thx
  • Aruvin,

What version of software is on your DMLs and do the ones that aren't responding have the same version as the one that is? Are you making this setting in the menu of the DML?
  • [quote=Zach Peletz]Aruvin,

What version of software is on your DMLs and do the ones that aren't responding have the same version as the one that is? Are you making this setting in the menu of the DML?

I had check the version.. not all the same thou. but even those that are the same, I am nt able to change the DMX universe.. Yesh, I tried to change the setting on the DML menu itself, and also tried using the media wing to change it, but still it goes back to 1..
  • What version software package is on your DMLs? 1.1.8 is the latest release. What DMX universe are you trying to set them to? One thing to try is to unplug ArtNet and/or DMX then try setting the universe. See if that works, in the mean time I'll set up our DMLs here with ArtNet to see if I can repro the problem. So far I've tried with 4 DMLs and haven't seen what you are describing.
  • [quote=Zach Peletz]What version software package is on your DMLs? 1.1.8 is the latest release. What DMX universe are you trying to set them to? One thing to try is to unplug ArtNet and/or DMX then try setting the universe. See if that works, in the mean time I'll set up our DMLs here with ArtNet to see if I can repro the problem. So far I've tried with 4 DMLs and haven't seen what you are describing.

the package reads 1.0.4, and the version table(main) reads 1.0.5 on the one that can change the universe. the rest which is 1.1.3 cant and some with the same version cant too.. Tried unplugging the artnet but still same problem. I had tried this 02 units in my ofis now which is not plugging to anything. And the strange thing is 1 of it can be change and the other cant. Both having the same version..
  • Ok. The current release has been updated to 1.1.9. Please follow this link and update your fixtures to the latest software and then let me know if you're still having a problem.

www.barco.com/events/en/products/product_downloads.asp?element=4344&lid=EN

Thanks.
  • [quote=Zach Peletz]Ok. The current release has been updated to 1.1.9. Please follow this link and update your fixtures to the latest software and then let me know if you're still having a problem.

www.barco.com/events/en/products/product_downloads.asp?element=4344&lid=EN

Thanks.

ok, i will try that. Btw, do i need the EMP udate package and the EMP Manager SD??

Thx
  • Just the DML 1200 update package. The EMP software is for managing user content either from your laptop or from the Media Wing. I would recommend updating everything you have but the DML 1200 Update Package is what is probably most critical in your case.
  • ok, I had done the update for the EC and EMP using the toolset version 1.4 build 16.

The EC now reads DV10 update v1.1.9 and the EMP reads v1.0.33.

Able to change the universe now but another bigger problem occurs! I gt 02 units with "frmt" error, and I am not able to stike the lamp. And I gt 02 units not able to turn-on/detect the EMP. Also, tried updating the units a few times but some of the firmware just dun update to the newer version..

I am now running 04 units out of 08 units...HELP!!! :aargh4: :angryfire:
  • Hi Aruvin,

When did you take these pictures? Before or after you did the upgrade? The picture showing 'Failed No Answer,' this looks as though you were trying to upgrade the fixtures while DMX/Art-net was plugged into the fixture. There is a known issue where software versions don't report properly when DMX/Art-net is plugged into the fixture. And if the if it shows this way in tool-set, it can lead to the error message you recieved inthe second picture.

You want that version reporting screen to all have current versions reporting back. There should be no 'Failed no answer'

Try removing the DMX/Art-net and connecting to the fixtture with Tool-set.

Select a fixture to upgrade and confirm that you are seeing all components reporting version propperly. The first column of versions are what is currently running on the DML. The second column shows what's in the update package.

The required upgrades will be in BLACK, and should be pre-selected.
    On'y update these.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction. Please let us know when you able to give this a try.

Best Regards,
    paul
  • Hi,
    the pictures were taken after the upgrade.
    Not sure wat u mean by artnet plug-in or how to remove artnet from the fixture..
    Basically, I had all 08 units running cat5 cables to a hub and then to another hub which splits to my MA Console and Mediawing.
    Do u mean I should not be running the console while doing the upgrade or I should do the upgrade directly on a fixture without going thru a hub...?

Thx..