RDM - Talkback Information

Hi,

Is RDM / Talkback enabled on the DL1?

If so, can anybody direct me toward some documentation?

In particular, I need to know what kind of information we can get back from the DL1.

It the "current pan/tilt motor positions" available this way?

Thanks,
Sebastien
Parents
  • Sebastien,

We don't have RDM implemented in the DL.1 or DL.2 but are starting to add it to some of our newer fixtures.

Also, the information you are expecting back from the lights really isn't that practical via RDM and is unlikely to be implemented by any manufacturers in that way. It could technically be done, but you're going to have trouble monitoring it with a very high resolution update...and how much use would it really serve?

If you want to get more detailed information on RDM implementations, I'd also suggest you check out the RDM Developer forums at: www.rdmprotocol.org You'll find that although there is a lot less traffic than this site, it is closely monitored by many in the RDM community.

Scott
  • Sebastien,

We don't have RDM implemented in the DL.1 or DL.2 but are starting to add it to some of our newer fixtures.

Also, the information you are expecting back from the lights really isn't that practical via RDM and is unlikely to be implemented by any manufacturers in that way. It could technically be done, but you're going to have trouble monitoring it with a very high resolution update...and how much use would it really serve?

If you want to get more detailed information on RDM implementations, I'd also suggest you check out the RDM Developer forums at: www.rdmprotocol.org You'll find that although there is a lot less traffic than this site, it is closely monitored by many in the RDM community.

Scott
Children
No Data