Collage Repeatability Issues

Here is our scenario. I know it's a bit complicated. We have 2 DL.2s and 2 DL.1 w/Camera and 2 Axons running on a Wholehog III. All the have the lastest software and same projectors. We have a rectangular room with the stage area is about 40' deep x 30' wide. We have placed the 2 DL.2s in the center on the floor 30' from the front wall about 3 feet apart. We placed the 2 DL.1s along the right side wall in tandem with the front unit about 35' from the front wall at staggered heights of 1' and 3' so they can hit both the front wall and left wall.

We have built 6 collages of different combinations. A 2 x 2 collage on the front wall, a 2 x 1 collage with each projector type on the front wall, a 2 x 1 collage with DL.1s left wall, A 1 x 2 collage with DL.1s on the left wall and a 2 x 1 collage with DL.2s on the right wall. Obviously the DL.1s have to do some keystoning on the front wall and the DL.2s have to do some keystoning on the right wall. Otherwise everything is shooting pretty straight.

We have created a cue list for each college with 6-10 cues per collage. The DL.2s are doing the right side of the 2 x 2 and the DL.1s are doing the left to minimize keystoning on the DL.1s. Otherwise all of the collages are with the same projector/server.

Some of our colleges work fine everytime, others are off. We edit the collage palletes, save them. Run the cuelist and it looks fine. Release the cuelist and run it again it works fine, but if we go and run another cuelist and come back the college is off again, usually by the same error. We have used the live touch combo to ensure that all the values are being saved in the palletes.

What is worse is that there seems to be no pattern to location or fixture type. The 2 x 2 is the worst, but here's the thing, the bottom which has 1 DL.1 and 1 DL.2 is fine, the top a DL.2 has a movement issue, the DL.1 has a zoom and keystone issue. All of the rest of the DL.1 collages are fine on both walls. The DL.2s have an issue with the side wall collage which seems to be a position error. The front wall 2 x 1 colllage with DL.2s is fine. So I am wondering why it doesn't seem to hold onto the updated college palletes when we move between cuelists? Also how repeatable is zoom positions since there are no encoders? I have some drawings of the room layout if that helps.
Parents
  • I have done/checked all of the obvious problems. the one thing that I did after chatting with Matt, is to downgrade to 1.3.1, and that seemed to fix the one issue. I am currently having the same issue with several other fixtures and am planning on going after this fix. I am aware that it may very well be the encoder wheels being dirty. After all we are in an environment that is not clean friendly. I am trying to get to those as possible. However after a simple home command from the console, the fixtures will behave properly for an hour or so before exhibiting the issue again. We are also using the fixtures as general lighting when they are not in the collage so they are seeing fairly heavy usage as far as the pan and tilt goes.

By the way, how was RHCP? Everything work ok?
  • I have done/checked all of the obvious problems. the one thing that I did after chatting with Matt, is to downgrade to 1.3.1, and that seemed to fix the one issue. I am currently having the same issue with several other fixtures and am planning on going after this fix. I am aware that it may very well be the encoder wheels being dirty. After all we are in an environment that is not clean friendly. I am trying to get to those as possible. However after a simple home command from the console, the fixtures will behave properly for an hour or so before exhibiting the issue again. We are also using the fixtures as general lighting when they are not in the collage so they are seeing fairly heavy usage as far as the pan and tilt goes.

By the way, how was RHCP? Everything work ok?
Children
No Data