New DL-2 user, couple of questions

I've got a show coming up where I will be using 3 or 4 DL-2 fixtures, which I have not programmed before. I will be using an iPC running Hog 3 software to do this. I've been working my way through the manual, but I have a few questions I can't seem to get a clear answer on in the manual (might have just missed them).

- the console treats 1 DL-2 as 3 seperate fixtures. The fixture only appears to accept one start address. Is this correct, or is there a DMX start address in fixture menu for each 'console fixture', ie a global start address, motion address, and graphic addresses?

- Can I use the VGA input as an one of the 3 object layers?

Thanks!
Parents
  • Actually the console treats the DL.2 as 5 different fixtures. The first is the Motion, then Global, followed by 3 Graphics layers. You would patch them in that order and the start address for the DL.2 will be what the Motion layer is patched to. The other addresses you don't have to worry about as long as you patch each fixture in this same way. You CANNOT patch all the motion layers for all 4 of your DL.2's first, then all the global, etc... Each fixture's attributes must be patched in the consecutive order.

You cannot use a VGA input for a graphics layer. The only input to the graphics engine of the DL.2 is the S-Video port. If you used a scaler to get your VGA signal to S-video, then you can get into the graphics engine. The VGA/BNC input on the DL.2 is for use when you bypass the internal media server thus making it an uber-expensive DL-1
  • Actually the console treats the DL.2 as 5 different fixtures. The first is the Motion, then Global, followed by 3 Graphics layers. You would patch them in that order and the start address for the DL.2 will be what the Motion layer is patched to. The other addresses you don't have to worry about as long as you patch each fixture in this same way. You CANNOT patch all the motion layers for all 4 of your DL.2's first, then all the global, etc... Each fixture's attributes must be patched in the consecutive order.

You cannot use a VGA input for a graphics layer. The only input to the graphics engine of the DL.2 is the S-Video port. If you used a scaler to get your VGA signal to S-video, then you can get into the graphics engine. The VGA/BNC input on the DL.2 is for use when you bypass the internal media server thus making it an uber-expensive DL-1
Children
No Data