New DL-2 user, couple of questions

I've got a show coming up where I will be using 3 or 4 DL-2 fixtures, which I have not programmed before. I will be using an iPC running Hog 3 software to do this. I've been working my way through the manual, but I have a few questions I can't seem to get a clear answer on in the manual (might have just missed them).

- the console treats 1 DL-2 as 3 seperate fixtures. The fixture only appears to accept one start address. Is this correct, or is there a DMX start address in fixture menu for each 'console fixture', ie a global start address, motion address, and graphic addresses?

- Can I use the VGA input as an one of the 3 object layers?

Thanks!
Parents
  • As already posted...the only way you are going to be able to do this in a practical manner is to go in with S-Video.

I don't think you will see too much loss of resolution here. It really depends on what the surface you are projecting onto looks like as well. It sounds like you may already be losing resolution there, so it might not be a big deal.

I've done this quite a bit on corporates, and if the resolution is truly an issue (I've never run into it as an issue honestly), then the content gets loaded into the DL.2 and triggered from the lighting desk.
  • As already posted...the only way you are going to be able to do this in a practical manner is to go in with S-Video.

I don't think you will see too much loss of resolution here. It really depends on what the surface you are projecting onto looks like as well. It sounds like you may already be losing resolution there, so it might not be a big deal.

I've done this quite a bit on corporates, and if the resolution is truly an issue (I've never run into it as an issue honestly), then the content gets loaded into the DL.2 and triggered from the lighting desk.
Children
No Data