Questionss!

Hi everyone,

I've got some question that one of my client asked to me.

RGBHV, I think he wants to use it because we will have 4 dl.3 and 3 Normal projector, he want to be able to throw in a Watchout system or spyder (I Think).

1: Is it posible to switch between RGBHV and SDI fast? Or i take like 5 second with a black, or a server reboot?

2: If we can switch between RGBHV and SDI pretty fast, is it possible to make lets say a 9x16 with the RGBHV Keystonned perfectly with the remote i supose, Change to SDI for the next cue on a 15x20 and come back on the 3rd cue to the 9x16 using RGBHV and the keystone we had on the first cue?

Anthony.
Parents
  • Hi Anthony,

The switch between RGBHV input and the SDI coming through the graphics engine is a 5-8 second switch that requires closing the iris to enact the switch.

As you pointed, out, the only way to keystone when using the RGBHV input is with the projector itself, of which there is no control over through DMX/Artnet. So, if you did set your keystoning using the projector remote, when you switched from your first cue to your second cue, the projector keystoning would still be active, plus whatever keystoning you did through the graphics engine on the SDI. While it might be possible for it all to work, there's a good chance you will be cutting off a large amount of your projection size.

Let me know if you have any more question.

Thanks,
  • Hi Anthony,

The switch between RGBHV input and the SDI coming through the graphics engine is a 5-8 second switch that requires closing the iris to enact the switch.

As you pointed, out, the only way to keystone when using the RGBHV input is with the projector itself, of which there is no control over through DMX/Artnet. So, if you did set your keystoning using the projector remote, when you switched from your first cue to your second cue, the projector keystoning would still be active, plus whatever keystoning you did through the graphics engine on the SDI. While it might be possible for it all to work, there's a good chance you will be cutting off a large amount of your projection size.

Let me know if you have any more question.

Thanks,
Children
No Data