DL3 Live camera setup

Hi,
Is there any difference in using the built in cameras on a DL3 then the cameras on a DL2?
Is the principle the same that you run the s-video/SDI input back and reroute the signal to the correct fixture? Am i correct in saying i can now use the SDi to send/return the camera signal??
Is the d-tec pro switcher still the correct equipment to spec for this setup or are there alternatives?
Anything different to look out for when setting this up on DL3 fixtures?

Again anyone who has used this setup will be at an advantage in explaining it to me.

Thanks Cormac
Parents
  • Hey again Cormac.

The camera is the same between DL.2 and DL.3.....there are still the S-video ports on DL.3, but you have the added ability to use SDI as well.

Keep in mind though that the D-Tek is not an SDI piece of gear, and a DL.3 cannot "send" and "recieve" SDI at the same time.....only one or the other.

The advantage to SDI (apart from image quality) is that you can daisy chain an input signal from one fixture to another. So if you have only one input stream then you run one cable up to your truss and daisy chain from there.....or if you have say 5 fixtures and you only want to use the center fixture's camera, you could come out of the SDI for that fixture and then daisy chain to the other 4 without any switching gear, etc.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Hey again Cormac.

The camera is the same between DL.2 and DL.3.....there are still the S-video ports on DL.3, but you have the added ability to use SDI as well.

Keep in mind though that the D-Tek is not an SDI piece of gear, and a DL.3 cannot "send" and "recieve" SDI at the same time.....only one or the other.

The advantage to SDI (apart from image quality) is that you can daisy chain an input signal from one fixture to another. So if you have only one input stream then you run one cable up to your truss and daisy chain from there.....or if you have say 5 fixtures and you only want to use the center fixture's camera, you could come out of the SDI for that fixture and then daisy chain to the other 4 without any switching gear, etc.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data