DL3 Live camera setup

Hi,
Is there any difference in using the built in cameras on a DL3 then the cameras on a DL2?
Is the principle the same that you run the s-video/SDI input back and reroute the signal to the correct fixture? Am i correct in saying i can now use the SDi to send/return the camera signal??
Is the d-tec pro switcher still the correct equipment to spec for this setup or are there alternatives?
Anything different to look out for when setting this up on DL3 fixtures?

Again anyone who has used this setup will be at an advantage in explaining it to me.

Thanks Cormac
Parents
  • Yes you can input both SDI and S-video into a DL.3 at the same time, provided you are not trying to output the camera via SDI (out via S-video is fine though).

The "frame delay" is the same between S-video and SDI on DL.3. There were some early buffering issues on the SDI capture card that would cause inputs to not be in sync....especially with daisy chained systems, but that has all been sorted out in software versions 1.5.x and higher.

The newest is 1.5.2 b2031, and I recommend updating any units you run into that are not running this version.
  • Yes you can input both SDI and S-video into a DL.3 at the same time, provided you are not trying to output the camera via SDI (out via S-video is fine though).

The "frame delay" is the same between S-video and SDI on DL.3. There were some early buffering issues on the SDI capture card that would cause inputs to not be in sync....especially with daisy chained systems, but that has all been sorted out in software versions 1.5.x and higher.

The newest is 1.5.2 b2031, and I recommend updating any units you run into that are not running this version.
Children
No Data