DL3 Live camera setup

Hi,
Is there any difference in using the built in cameras on a DL3 then the cameras on a DL2?
Is the principle the same that you run the s-video/SDI input back and reroute the signal to the correct fixture? Am i correct in saying i can now use the SDi to send/return the camera signal??
Is the d-tec pro switcher still the correct equipment to spec for this setup or are there alternatives?
Anything different to look out for when setting this up on DL3 fixtures?

Again anyone who has used this setup will be at an advantage in explaining it to me.

Thanks Cormac
Parents
  • Patrick,

SDI "In" and "Out" cannot be used simultaneously due to a limitation of the SDI capture card we are using. Basically, whenever the DL is set to SDI In, the "Out" port mirrors the "In" port. This is what makes daisy chaining the units possible (unlike the S-video capture).

What this also means is that because the "Out" port mirrors the "In" port, you can't be capturing SDI from another source while simultaneously sending the DL camera out over SDI. When the DL is set to send it's camera out over SDI, the "In" port becomes inactive.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
  • Patrick,

SDI "In" and "Out" cannot be used simultaneously due to a limitation of the SDI capture card we are using. Basically, whenever the DL is set to SDI In, the "Out" port mirrors the "In" port. This is what makes daisy chaining the units possible (unlike the S-video capture).

What this also means is that because the "Out" port mirrors the "In" port, you can't be capturing SDI from another source while simultaneously sending the DL camera out over SDI. When the DL is set to send it's camera out over SDI, the "In" port becomes inactive.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Children
No Data