Replaced DL2 video card

I had one server that would not boot. Discovered the video card was the problem as the problem followed the card to another unit. I checked the Dl2 with another known good video card from a different DL and the server was fine.

I have replaced the bad video card with a new card but after the Highend boot screen and the blinking cursor I get no output from the screen or the projector. I can talk to the unit with CMA with no problems.

Are there any other steps needed to get a new video card running?

Cheers
Jabba
Parents
  • [QUOTE=gr8flred;49590]We got the cards from our computer supplier. They are new cards out of the box.

That could be the issue. There are MANY flavors of X850 out there that all are a bit different. We key off the internal identification of the cards so if it isn't *exactly* the same model we used then it may likely not work.

If you are going from one model card to another model card within the specific models we have shipped with then it does require reloading the XPE recovery image to properly initialize the drivers. If you can post pictures of the card and the model number markings on the back of the card then it will help identify.
  • [QUOTE=gr8flred;49590]We got the cards from our computer supplier. They are new cards out of the box.

That could be the issue. There are MANY flavors of X850 out there that all are a bit different. We key off the internal identification of the cards so if it isn't *exactly* the same model we used then it may likely not work.

If you are going from one model card to another model card within the specific models we have shipped with then it does require reloading the XPE recovery image to properly initialize the drivers. If you can post pictures of the card and the model number markings on the back of the card then it will help identify.
Children
No Data