Replaced DL2 video card

I had one server that would not boot. Discovered the video card was the problem as the problem followed the card to another unit. I checked the Dl2 with another known good video card from a different DL and the server was fine.

I have replaced the bad video card with a new card but after the Highend boot screen and the blinking cursor I get no output from the screen or the projector. I can talk to the unit with CMA with no problems.

Are there any other steps needed to get a new video card running?

Cheers
Jabba
Parents
  • Hi Jabba,

One thing to be aware of is that the card needs to be the EXACT card that came out of fixture. Meaning, it must be ATI branded. ATI sells their reference design to other companies to produce (such as PowerColor, HIS, etc). While these cards are technically the same as the ATI X850 that is in the fixture, each one of these cards has a unique Model ID. Our system will only recognize and correctly configure the ATI branded card based on that model ID.

I did some quick Google searching and I see that there are some refurbed and even new ATI X850s floating around on the web, so getting the right card shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just wanted to make sure you didn't waste a bunch of time with the knock-offs!
  • Hi Jabba,

One thing to be aware of is that the card needs to be the EXACT card that came out of fixture. Meaning, it must be ATI branded. ATI sells their reference design to other companies to produce (such as PowerColor, HIS, etc). While these cards are technically the same as the ATI X850 that is in the fixture, each one of these cards has a unique Model ID. Our system will only recognize and correctly configure the ATI branded card based on that model ID.

I did some quick Google searching and I see that there are some refurbed and even new ATI X850s floating around on the web, so getting the right card shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just wanted to make sure you didn't waste a bunch of time with the knock-offs!
Children
No Data