White Lamp On error blinking

Hi All,

The white lamp on indicator for a DL3 is blinking, going solid, then blinking again. The user manual says that the light doesn't know what state it is in. Makes sense, I haven't dug into it yet but my gut tells me that it is a sensor error or lamp error somewhere in the system. Is this being generated somewhere in the projector and being sent to the GUI, or is it a sensor somewhere in the housing and it isn't seeing the light like a traditional moving head light?
Parents
  • Dave,

Out of curiosity, have you tried a new lamp?

When the white LED is going solid, it is because the DL is trying to strike the lamp. When it can't strike, it starts blinking. After a short period of time, it goes solid again because its trying to strike again. You could just have a blown/bad lamp.

If you try a new lamp and that doesn't work, try looking at what the indicator lights on the projector itself are doing. Take the back bezel off the head of the DL.3 and look up into the head on the upper right hand corner of the projector. There are 5 indicator lights up there. If you tell me what they are doing while the fixture is trying to strike the lamp, I can help narrow down the problem.

Thanks,
  • Dave,

Out of curiosity, have you tried a new lamp?

When the white LED is going solid, it is because the DL is trying to strike the lamp. When it can't strike, it starts blinking. After a short period of time, it goes solid again because its trying to strike again. You could just have a blown/bad lamp.

If you try a new lamp and that doesn't work, try looking at what the indicator lights on the projector itself are doing. Take the back bezel off the head of the DL.3 and look up into the head on the upper right hand corner of the projector. There are 5 indicator lights up there. If you tell me what they are doing while the fixture is trying to strike the lamp, I can help narrow down the problem.

Thanks,
Children
No Data