Source 4 VS. Source 4JR

Good Afternoon.

I am looking to purchase new lighting equipment for the theater I work in.  We're in a 50' x 50' black box theater with a 20' grid.  (5x5 spacing)

I, like most folks, am a big fan of the Source Four.  However, in dealing with college budgets, I can get more units if I use S4 Jr's.  Does anyone have any stories, good or bad, to help me justify purchasing one over the other?  Or perhaps I need to look at some combination of both units.

Please let me know.  I am looking for any advice that folks might have.  Thank you very much!

Chris

Parents
  • As an LD, I'd always rather have more fixtures, unless I already had a stock of existing seniors.

Except in BoxBoom positions--I don't know how we lived without rotating barrels there; hope to never hear the term "best angle" from an electrician again.

I wouldn't mix if I were you.  Even with the same lamp, there's intensity and beam size differences between S4-26 and S4jr-26, and 36s / 50s.  Since it's a Black Box, don't forget lots of top hats and half-hats also.

• As an LD, I'd always rather have more fixtures, unless I already had a stock of existing seniors.

Except in BoxBoom positions--I don't know how we lived without rotating barrels there; hope to never hear the term "best angle" from an electrician again.

I wouldn't mix if I were you.  Even with the same lamp, there's intensity and beam size differences between S4-26 and S4jr-26, and 36s / 50s.  Since it's a Black Box, don't forget lots of top hats and half-hats also.

Children
No Data
Related