Source 4 labeling

hello i have a small collection of S4 hid's and regular ellipsoidal's, i am doing maintenance on them and several barrels are missing their label's that indicate the throw, and only a few have the wattage sticker on the rear handle.  Is there any way to order up some more of the stickers so i can get them all the same again?

Parents Reply Children
  • We ended up just painting ours and dropped the labels.  Tremclad works well and with colours it is easy to tell each fixture apart without having to read a label.  Really handy when looking at a rig that is in the air.

• Thanks for the addl info, i was also thinking about doing the color coding based on the color dots on the lenses but i would always forget which is which so maybe doing both a sticker as well as the colors would work well.  

For the P Touch idea, i have one of those, i figured they would not work because of the heat, i thought that the labels ETC makes would stand up better to the heat on the fixtures/ceiling better, have you had good luck using the P Touch on your light fixtures?

• I wouldn't worry about the "750" stickers, unless you're in a venue that must distinguish very old lamp caps from newer ones.One can (almost) always tell by the 750's additional plastic handle.

I like white/silver paint pen indicating the degrees on the bottom of the lens tube. AND color coding the colorframe runners, but the question then becomes, "Which colors to use?"

ControlBooth - Labelling S4s

Following the lens dot colors is a good idea, but with some massaging:

19°;-Red Dot, (lens all the way at the front)...RED paint

26°;-Black Dot...WHITE paint

36°;-Dotless, (only STANDARD tube that uses two lenses)...BLUE paint

50°;-Yellow Dot, (lens almost all the way at the back)...YELLOW paint

[EDIT: The forum isn't recognizing/respecting Chrome 32.0.1700.107 's Carriage Returns.  Had to use Firefox 27.0.1. On Mac OS 10.9.1.]

[edited by: derekleffew at 10:33 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Feb 21 2014]
Related