Need help replacing reflector

I have a reflector on a source 4 elipsoidal with a big ole crack in it and need to change it out. I however have not found any documentation to help with the process. I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Parents
  • I followed the instructions in the S4_Assembly_Guide pdf on the etc web site, but with a twist.

Instead of the 'drop & pop' idea mentioned, I used a drill press & 8 saws-all blades. 

>I took a piece of high density foam & put it on the bed of the drill press, & cut a chunk the size to fit the opening at the back of the housing. 

>I then pressed & tapped a blade in from the back to release each of the spring claws from the edge of the reflector. 

>With all of the clips backed off of the glass rim, I then put the assembly on the drill press {with no bit, just the chuck & small foam piece}, and gently pushed the reflector out onto the the foam.

no crack, no muss, no fuss!  But as a precaution have something to keep glass flying into your eyes & skin.

• I followed the instructions in the S4_Assembly_Guide pdf on the etc web site, but with a twist.

Instead of the 'drop & pop' idea mentioned, I used a drill press & 8 saws-all blades. 

>I took a piece of high density foam & put it on the bed of the drill press, & cut a chunk the size to fit the opening at the back of the housing. 

>I then pressed & tapped a blade in from the back to release each of the spring claws from the edge of the reflector. 

>With all of the clips backed off of the glass rim, I then put the assembly on the drill press {with no bit, just the chuck & small foam piece}, and gently pushed the reflector out onto the the foam.

no crack, no muss, no fuss!  But as a precaution have something to keep glass flying into your eyes & skin.

Children
No Data
Related