Need help replacing reflector

I have a reflector on a source 4 elipsoidal with a big ole crack in it and need to change it out. I however have not found any documentation to help with the process. I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Parents
  • I know this is kinda reviving a dead thread, but I had to move a reflector from a busted body to a new one this week and came up with this nifty trick: I cut a pop can into strips about an inch wide, folded each strip in half, and placed a strip between each spring clip and the reflector. They reduced the resistance provided by the clips just enough that I could, with a bit of careful effort, push the reflector out without any banging or breaking.

Hope this helps anyone stumbling across this thread like I did.

• I stumbled onto this chat while doing research on how to successfully swap some reflectors without breaking them. Drlynn's soda can trick is the best solution! Thank you for posting, I changed 2 reflectors on my first time without any problems!

[edited by: rachelfae at 11:58 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jul 26 2012]
  • I stumbled onto this chat while doing research on how to successfully swap some reflectors without breaking them. Drlynn's soda can trick is the best solution! Thank you for posting, I changed 2 reflectors on my first time without any problems!

[edited by: rachelfae at 11:58 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jul 26 2012]
Children
No Data
Related