D60- 20 Units Not Producing An Even Color Wash

This is likely a setting problem on the unit and I can't find it.

My university purchased 20 D60 Vivids last summer but when I capture all 20, certain color washes are uneven.  As I trouble-shot this, I used the following set-up.

1-  All fixtures set to HISC Fan/Strobe +7
2-  Put Hue/ Sat at "0" 
3-  Intensity at FULL
4-  Run all 7 colors to the MIN (-100) (so there is actually no light on the cyc, as all LEDs are at the MIN position.)

TEST #1
All fixtures brought to MAX (+100) in each color wash.  All looked even and consistent at FULL.

TEST #2
All fixtures brought to HOME (0) in each color wash.  5 colors where even and consistent at HOME (0)

In INDIGO, units 13 and 20 were not on.  So at FULL, they were as bright as the others, but at HOME, they were not producing light.

In RED, Units 4, 10, 11, 13, 14 and 20 were not on.  So at FULL, they were as bright as the others, but at HOME, they were no producing light.

Also in RED, Units 18 and 19 were on but dimmer than the other lights.

So 8 of my 20 are showing some type of variance.

Any suggestions?  Is there a setting I should check on the units that I am missing?  Do I need to use the LED Configuration Software on the units?

Thanks!

Rick Moll
Master Electrician
UNC-Charlotte

Parents
  • Hello Rick,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your fixtures.  ETC fixtures are optically calibrated for color consistency after manufacturing.  This outputs a consistent color with the most output that any given fixture can have with the LEDs it has onboard.  In a worse case situation, such as a white cyc, you may notice some level variances from fixture to fixture due to the LEDs in the fixture having different output capabilities.  This is usually seen in the lower ends of the dimming range.  We decided to allow this to happen as the alternative would be to govern the maximum output of all fixtures to a predetermined level so that the intensities would always match as well.  This would leave lumens on the table that could be useful to many users not in a 'level delicate' situation.   The best work around would be to set some looks with proportional levels set for the fixtures that you are seeing differences in. 

If you have any more questions or would like to discuss this in more detail, please call ETC (608-688-4116) and ask for me.

Have a good day,

Jim Uphoff

ETC Fixture Product Manager 

• Hello Rick,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your fixtures.  ETC fixtures are optically calibrated for color consistency after manufacturing.  This outputs a consistent color with the most output that any given fixture can have with the LEDs it has onboard.  In a worse case situation, such as a white cyc, you may notice some level variances from fixture to fixture due to the LEDs in the fixture having different output capabilities.  This is usually seen in the lower ends of the dimming range.  We decided to allow this to happen as the alternative would be to govern the maximum output of all fixtures to a predetermined level so that the intensities would always match as well.  This would leave lumens on the table that could be useful to many users not in a 'level delicate' situation.   The best work around would be to set some looks with proportional levels set for the fixtures that you are seeing differences in. 

If you have any more questions or would like to discuss this in more detail, please call ETC (608-688-4116) and ask for me.

Have a good day,

Jim Uphoff

ETC Fixture Product Manager 

Children
No Data
Related