Source 4 LED Series 2 Lustr Rated Hours

I'm currently demoing a Lustr+ and a Lustr Series 2 in April, as our theatre is going to be going through major renovations which includes major upgrades in the lighting department. Going over the datasheets in see that there is a major drop in hours for the LEDs going from achieving 70% intensity at 50,000 to 20,000 hours between the series. I'm curious as to why this is and does the Lustr Series 2 surpass the Lustr+ for intensity at the 50,000 hour mark?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hello,

The reason for the drop in hours has to do with the increased power driving the LEDs.  The more power they are fed, the brighter they are but the faster they reach the L70 limit (70% of original output).  The LEDs are still being used to the manufacturer's specification, they were just being under driven before.  Understand that even at 20,000 hours in the typical theater we studied, you would not reach that point for over 27 years.  And that is assuming the fixture were always at full when being used and at an ambient temperature of 40C. 

That being said, the Series 2 Lustr is more than 30% brighter than the Series 1 Lustr+ so even after 20,000 hours, it would still be brighter than a new Series 1. 

To your final question, the answer is yes, the Series 2 would still be brighter after 50,000 hours.  The red LEDs are the only ones that droop at the 20,000 hour rate with the higher power.  The rest are still rated around 43,000 hours.  Again, these numbers are averages that are calculated by the LED manufacturer and are assuming full output at 40C during all hours of use. 

I hope this answers your questions.

• Hello,

The reason for the drop in hours has to do with the increased power driving the LEDs.  The more power they are fed, the brighter they are but the faster they reach the L70 limit (70% of original output).  The LEDs are still being used to the manufacturer's specification, they were just being under driven before.  Understand that even at 20,000 hours in the typical theater we studied, you would not reach that point for over 27 years.  And that is assuming the fixture were always at full when being used and at an ambient temperature of 40C. 

That being said, the Series 2 Lustr is more than 30% brighter than the Series 1 Lustr+ so even after 20,000 hours, it would still be brighter than a new Series 1. 

To your final question, the answer is yes, the Series 2 would still be brighter after 50,000 hours.  The red LEDs are the only ones that droop at the 20,000 hour rate with the higher power.  The rest are still rated around 43,000 hours.  Again, these numbers are averages that are calculated by the LED manufacturer and are assuming full output at 40C during all hours of use. 

I hope this answers your questions.

Children
No Data
Related