Relative 'Gel Colors' for Various Selador Fixtures

I understand that all Selador fixtures can achieve many gel colors to some degree, but I am trying to get a handle on which 'gel colors' a Vivid-R can do vs. a Lustr+ vs. a Fire vs. an Ice vs. a Pallador.  For example I totally understand that if I want the fixture to only produce GamColor 200's and 300's (Reds & Ambers) It would be best to use a Fire since that range of colors would be brighter than using a Vivid-R, but since I'm working on a grant to replace tungsten with LEDs in a rep plot, it would be ideal for me to compare a list of 'gel colors' that a Vivid-R vs. the rest of the Selador line.  I believe that such a list must exist in order for the gel picker in an Ion console to list what colors it believes a particular fixture can produce.  Is this available?

Parents
  • What you're really after is the "Colour Gamut" of the fixtures.

Ion shows this is shown in the Ion colour picker as a black line, so you can compare it and see how this gamut varies between different fixtures.

The gel matching is done mathematically based on precise measurements of the gel transmission and the colour the individual LEDs used in these luminaires.

Not all gels and luminaires have been measured, so some gels can't be picked and some fixtures do not show a gamut line.

• What you're really after is the "Colour Gamut" of the fixtures.

Ion shows this is shown in the Ion colour picker as a black line, so you can compare it and see how this gamut varies between different fixtures.

The gel matching is done mathematically based on precise measurements of the gel transmission and the colour the individual LEDs used in these luminaires.

Not all gels and luminaires have been measured, so some gels can't be picked and some fixtures do not show a gamut line.

Children
No Data
Related