Relative 'Gel Colors' for Various Selador Fixtures

I understand that all Selador fixtures can achieve many gel colors to some degree, but I am trying to get a handle on which 'gel colors' a Vivid-R can do vs. a Lustr+ vs. a Fire vs. an Ice vs. a Pallador.  For example I totally understand that if I want the fixture to only produce GamColor 200's and 300's (Reds & Ambers) It would be best to use a Fire since that range of colors would be brighter than using a Vivid-R, but since I'm working on a grant to replace tungsten with LEDs in a rep plot, it would be ideal for me to compare a list of 'gel colors' that a Vivid-R vs. the rest of the Selador line.  I believe that such a list must exist in order for the gel picker in an Ion console to list what colors it believes a particular fixture can produce.  Is this available?

Parents
  • And the bottom line is two related issues.

If designing as a new event, the LD may well scrap the whole concept of matching to known Lee, Apollo or Rosco colors and simply mix to the eye.  Often a good LD will take the time to establish useful color palettes as a starting point.and work from that.  They essentially do this now with CMY/CYM movers that replace standard S4's in FOH and tops.  

Or the ballet tour rolls in and the visiting LD, who's replicating a plot that had L201, L119 and L124 in a cyc,  has now been seeing enough LED cyc units in the larger houses, that they know they have to do a cue-to-cue and set cyc levels based on what it's supposed to look like, maybe from memory, maybe they took a photo.  I asked a Russian LD about this and she stated she's used to doing it now by eye when she hits a space with LED's.  Takes a little longer but she OK as she's no longer limited by what the old crappy incandescent fixture is in a road house.  

[edited by: Steve Bailey at 2:34 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jun 25 2014]
  • And the bottom line is two related issues.

If designing as a new event, the LD may well scrap the whole concept of matching to known Lee, Apollo or Rosco colors and simply mix to the eye.  Often a good LD will take the time to establish useful color palettes as a starting point.and work from that.  They essentially do this now with CMY/CYM movers that replace standard S4's in FOH and tops.  

Or the ballet tour rolls in and the visiting LD, who's replicating a plot that had L201, L119 and L124 in a cyc,  has now been seeing enough LED cyc units in the larger houses, that they know they have to do a cue-to-cue and set cyc levels based on what it's supposed to look like, maybe from memory, maybe they took a photo.  I asked a Russian LD about this and she stated she's used to doing it now by eye when she hits a space with LED's.  Takes a little longer but she OK as she's no longer limited by what the old crappy incandescent fixture is in a road house.  

[edited by: Steve Bailey at 2:34 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Jun 25 2014]
Children
No Data
Related