Lustr 11 for a cyc

I will be designing a show this fall in a venue that has Selador Vivid-R cyc lights, 10 units (20 total) evenly spaced across a 30' wide x 15' tall cyc, top and bottom; I don't know what lenses they're using.  When I tried to put a blue wash on the cyc (for a sky), I could not get a wash that looked particularly blue nor attractive.  I noticed a lot of dust on the ground row fixtures, but I don't think that's the problem.  How should these be configured for the best look.  I've seen Seladors do a good job, but these aren't working for me.  Any suggestions what to look for would be appreciated.  They're controlled by an Ion patched as Lustr 11.  I think they are about two years old.

Parents Reply
  • ETC tech support says there's no difference between the Lustr and Vivid as far as the patch is concerned, so that's not the problem.

I think the problem with the cyc must be related to the lenses. What lenses would one use for a cyc this size? I've seen ETC demos where the cyc looks great, but this isn't one of them. There are very pronounced hot spots in the both the ground row and the top units. I suspect the vertical spread lens is too narrow. What spread should be used? They have a third bank of 10 that could be used to fill in the middle of the cyc, but it hasn't yet been energized.
Children
Related