Dusty Venue

I work for a venue that is considering switching a fair portion of the inventory over to LED fixtures, primarily Lustr2's and ColorSource Pars.  However, the venue has a bad history of large dust accumulation over the course of even a month.  Aside from the issues of dust coating the lenses and losing light output, what kind of issues may present themselves with the newer LED fixtures and what steps can be taken clean them from dust build up?

Parents
  • Both the Source 4 LED Series 2s and the ColorSource PARs use active cooling fans.  The fans are variable-speed, but I believe even in their lowest cooling mode, they still blow some air.  In a really dusty venue, those fans are going to get clogged up, they'll need to work harder to blow the same amount of air, and they'll get noisy (best case) or fail (worst case) over time.

If you go down this road, you're going to want to schedule regular maintenance to clean out the cooling ducts.  You could probably do this with compressed air, or with a vacuum.  I would call ETC and ask them what kind of maintenance procedure they would suggest.

• Both the Source 4 LED Series 2s and the ColorSource PARs use active cooling fans.  The fans are variable-speed, but I believe even in their lowest cooling mode, they still blow some air.  In a really dusty venue, those fans are going to get clogged up, they'll need to work harder to blow the same amount of air, and they'll get noisy (best case) or fail (worst case) over time.

If you go down this road, you're going to want to schedule regular maintenance to clean out the cooling ducts.  You could probably do this with compressed air, or with a vacuum.  I would call ETC and ask them what kind of maintenance procedure they would suggest.

Children
No Data
Related