Has anyone had any issues with Colorsource Spots causing RF interference with wireless mics?

We are currently running a show with Colorsource spots on booms.  Two of the booms are sitting in front of the wireless microphone receivers and we are experiencing critical interference on the microphones when the Colorsources are on.

Has anyone had this issue before?  We haven't done much troubleshooting yet, as they are using the mics in rehearsal.

Thanks,

Craig

Parents
  • Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system.  The ColorSource products have all been tested to the UL/ETL and CE standards and fall within the necessary radiated emissions levels that those regulatory bodies require.  However, that does not mean that there are no emissions occurring, so there may be some things to try. 

I would start by making sure that the antennas you are using are not in close proximity to the fixtures (or any other electronics for that matter).  I would also try swapping any fixtures near the receivers/antennas to make sure that there is not a problem with a specific fixture.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our technical service department (1.608.831.4116) as they may be able to further assist you.

Have a good day,

Jim Uphoff

Marketing Product Manager- Entertainment Fixtures

• Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system.  The ColorSource products have all been tested to the UL/ETL and CE standards and fall within the necessary radiated emissions levels that those regulatory bodies require.  However, that does not mean that there are no emissions occurring, so there may be some things to try. 

I would start by making sure that the antennas you are using are not in close proximity to the fixtures (or any other electronics for that matter).  I would also try swapping any fixtures near the receivers/antennas to make sure that there is not a problem with a specific fixture.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our technical service department (1.608.831.4116) as they may be able to further assist you.

Have a good day,

Jim Uphoff

Marketing Product Manager- Entertainment Fixtures

Children
No Data
Related