Has anyone had any issues with Colorsource Spots causing RF interference with wireless mics?

We are currently running a show with Colorsource spots on booms.  Two of the booms are sitting in front of the wireless microphone receivers and we are experiencing critical interference on the microphones when the Colorsources are on.

Has anyone had this issue before?  We haven't done much troubleshooting yet, as they are using the mics in rehearsal.

Thanks,

Craig

Parents
  • This issue has just been brought to my attention from another venue.  after a long, multi-person phone call across the ETC food chain, the final answer from an ETC engineer was that: given that the units are within a certain Serial Number range, they are creating interference in a wireless com system.  The engineer said the motherboards in the CS units need to be replaced.

(I've not seen it in my venue, but we're going to experiment).

ETC:  what range of serial numbers are affecting wireless gear more than others.

Thanks.

• Hello Andrew,

There have been a number of changes to hardware over the life of the ColorSource products. (This is a pretty common thing)  Some of the changes that have been made have lowered the radiated emissions of the fixtures but, as stated above, they have always been below the UL and CE standards.

If you have having problems that do not go away after troubleshooting, you should, as always, contact Technical Services for assistance.

Jim Uphoff

• Hello Andrew,

There have been a number of changes to hardware over the life of the ColorSource products. (This is a pretty common thing)  Some of the changes that have been made have lowered the radiated emissions of the fixtures but, as stated above, they have always been below the UL and CE standards.

If you have having problems that do not go away after troubleshooting, you should, as always, contact Technical Services for assistance.

Jim Uphoff

Children
No Data
Related